Monday, October 19, 2009

Sermon October 18- 2 Corinthians 5:14-12


This sermon was fueled by a lot of reflection on my time in Egypt. While there, I looked at this part of the Muslim world through the window of my own life and experience. It was a different world than one had ever experienced.

This sermon was a call to reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ. Only in him can we have the assurance of our salvation. Righteousness is a gift of grace through faith in Jesus. That’s it.

I offered a very simple understanding of Islam- one gathered more from observation than study. And I paralleled the practice of Islam to the dutiful religiosity of cultural Christianity practiced in so much of our great nation.

This sermon in a word was an invitation. Click here to listen.
Pastor Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment